The SANDAS South Australian AOD Treatment Sector Forum 2019 was held on the 27th of June at the Adelaide Pavilion. It was a great day of networking, and hearing about the services funded under the $20m in treatment funding tendered by the Commonwealth Government in late 2018. Emerging Minds ran a workshop in the afternoon on their new Conversation Guide for AOD workers.
Presentations for download:
Links to Emerging Minds resources:
SANDAS SYMPOSIUM 2019
DETAILS FOR THE SANDAS 2019 SYMPOSIUM ARE COMING SOON!
Save the date… 24th September 2019!
A very exciting line up speakers is coming, you won’t want to miss this one!
SANDAS held a roundtable event on the issue of privacy and information sharing on the 14th of August.
The summary report from the event is now available, including links to several resources from both the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the SA Information Sharing Guidelines.
Please feel free to contact SANDAS is you wish to discuss these issues in further detail.
SANDAS currently provides the following networking opportunities. To enquire about joining any of these networks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Morbidity Network Group
The Co-Morbidity Network Group focuses on Alcohol and Other Drug Programs that are funded from the two main Federal funding streams, the Non Government Organisation Treatment Grants Program (NGOTGP) and the Substance Misuse Service Delivery Grants Fund (SMSDGF). The network is particularly focused upon activities that seek to increase the capacity of workers in these programs to respond effectively to Mental Health issues and other co-morbidities. Guest speakers are invited from Mental Health and other relevant service organisations, and information is shared between workers at the six-weekly meetings.
Membership from workers outside the two federal funding streams is welcome, provided their current role is relevant to the network’s focus. Contact SANDAS for more information.
Refund of registration fees
- If a SANDAS event is cancelled, a full refund of any registration fees paid will be made within 30 days of the cancellation.
- If a registered participant cannot attend an event for any reason, SANDAS should be advised by email at email@example.com or by phone on (08) 8231 8818 as soon as possible. A full refund of registration fees will be made if this advice is received at least ten working days prior to the commencement of the event.
- No refund is payable if cancellation advice is received less than ten working days prior to the commencement of the event. Whilst we understand that personal circumstances or work commitments can change unavoidably at short notice, SANDAS cannot accept responsibility for such changes.
- No refund is payable if a participant is late for or fails to attend an event.
- Where a person or organisation has registered to attend an event but has not paid fees in advance, they will be liable to pay those fees if they fail to attend without ten working days’ notice.
Substitutions and Transfers
- Where a registered participant cannot attend, they may send a substitute. Requests for substitutions can be made by calling SANDAS on 08 82318818 and can be made at any time up to the event commencement date.
- SANDAS does not offer a facility for registration fees to be transferred to another event.