AOD Sector Forum
Date: Thursday the 7th of June
Time: 9am – 2pm – will include lunch
Venue: Adelaide Pavilion – Terrace Room
The annual SANDAS sector forum is your opportunity to hear about changes and developments in the sector, including new services and future opportunities.
The program will include:
- An update on the development of the SA AOD Treatment Framework
- Presentations from services funded under the State Stop the Hurt, South Australian Ice Action Plan
- Adelaide PHN Presentation on the changes to My Health Record and how these changes could affect AOD clients
To register for this event:
Send your name, organisation, email address and any dietary requirements to
Sam Raven at firstname.lastname@example.org
Places at this event are limited so don’t delay in registering – a limit per organisation may apply if demand is high.
Watch this space for upcoming workshops and seminars.
SANDAS Symposium 2018
Yes… it will be back! If you have ideas on topics or speakers that you would like to see at the 2018 Symposium – tell us!
Email your feedback to Sam Raven at email@example.com
Hope to see you there!
SANDAS currently provides the following networking opportunities. To enquire about joining any of these networks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Morbidity Network Group
The Co-Morbidity Network Group focuses on Alcohol and Other Drug Programs that are funded from the two main Federal funding streams, the Non Government Organisation Treatment Grants Program (NGOTGP) and the Substance Misuse Service Delivery Grants Fund (SMSDGF). The network is particularly focused upon activities that seek to increase the capacity of workers in these programs to respond effectively to Mental Health issues and other co-morbidities. Guest speakers are invited from Mental Health and other relevant service organisations, and information is shared between workers at the six-weekly meetings.
Membership from workers outside the two federal funding streams is welcome, provided their current role is relevant to the network’s focus. Contact SANDAS for more information.
South Australian Youth Alcohol and Drug Services (SAYADS)
This network is open to managers, supervisors and workers in Drug & Alcohol or Mental Health Services that work with young people. Members of this group meet every six weeks and discuss issues that affect young people seeking treatment, identify gaps in service delivery and informs SANDAS’ advocacy work in seeking targeted services for young people. This is also an information sharing opportunity, to improve referral pathways and achieve improved outcomes for young clients of these services. Please contact SANDAS for more information.
Refund of registration fees
- If a SANDAS event is cancelled, a full refund of any registration fees paid will be made within 30 days of the cancellation.
- If a registered participant cannot attend an event for any reason, SANDAS should be advised by email at email@example.com or by phone on (08) 8231 8818 as soon as possible. A full refund of registration fees will be made if this advice is received at least ten working days prior to the commencement of the event.
- No refund is payable if cancellation advice is received less than ten working days prior to the commencement of the event. Whilst we understand that personal circumstances or work commitments can change unavoidably at short notice, SANDAS cannot accept responsibility for such changes.
- No refund is payable if a participant is late for or fails to attend an event.
- Where a person or organisation has registered to attend an event but has not paid fees in advance, they will be liable to pay those fees if they fail to attend without ten working days notice.
Substitutions and Transfers
- Where a registered participant cannot attend, they may send a substitute. Requests for substitutions can be made by calling SANDAS on 08 82318818 and can be made at any time up to the event commencement date.
- SANDAS does not offer a facility for registration fees to be transferred to another event.