SANDAS Symposium 2018
Yes… it will be back! If you have ideas on topics or speakers that you would like to see at the 2018 Symposium – tell us!
Email your feedback to Sam Raven at email@example.com
Hope to see you there!
Check back regularly for upcoming workshops.
If you would like to include your event on the SANDAS calendar below, send event details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Developments in AOD Sector Forum (held in June 2017)
At this forum we heard about:
- The launch of the new DASSA funded Treatment Framework Project. The Framework will be developed via consultation with the sector to articulate what constitutes specialist drug treatment services in South Australia. This will include common aims, principles, values, established tools and therapeutic approaches. The Framework will provide a valuable tool for AOD services providers.
- Presentations from a range of commissioning bodies funding AOD services.
- The new services emerging with allocation of the National Ice Action Strategy funding.
Download the presentations from the day here:
SANDAS currently provides the following networking opportunities. To enquire about joining any of these networks, please contact email@example.com
Co-Morbidity Network Group
The Co-Morbidity Network Group focuses on Alcohol and Other Drug and Mental Health Programs that are focused on co-occurring alcohol and other drug and mental health issues. The network is particularly focused upon activities that seek to increase the capacity of workers in these programs to respond effectively to Mental Health, AOD and other co-morbidities. Guest speakers are invited from Mental Health, AOD and other relevant service organisations, and information is shared between workers at the six-weekly meetings.
South Australian Youth Alcohol and Drug Services (SAYADS)
This network is open to managers, supervisors and workers in Drug & Alcohol, Mental Health and other community and welfare services that work with young people. Members of this group meet every six weeks and discuss issues that affect young people seeking treatment, identify gaps in service delivery and informs SANDAS’ advocacy work in seeking targeted services for young people. This is also an information sharing opportunity, to improve referral pathways and achieve improved outcomes for young clients of these services. Please contact SANDAS for more information.
Refund of registration fees
- If a SANDAS event is cancelled, a full refund of any registration fees paid will be made within 30 days of the cancellation.
- If a registered participant cannot attend an event for any reason, SANDAS should be advised by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (08) 8231 8818 as soon as possible. A full refund of registration fees will be made if this advice is received at least ten working days prior to the commencement of the event.
- No refund is payable if cancellation advice is received less than ten working days prior to the commencement of the event. Whilst we understand that personal circumstances or work commitments can change unavoidably at short notice, SANDAS cannot accept responsibility for such changes.
- No refund is payable if a participant is late for or fails to attend an event.
- Where a person or organisation has registered to attend an event but has not paid fees in advance, they will be liable to pay those fees if they fail to attend without ten working days notice.
Substitutions and Transfers
- Where a registered participant cannot attend, they may send a substitute. Requests for substitutions can be made by calling SANDAS on 08 82318818 and can be made at any time up to the event commencement date.
- SANDAS does not offer a facility for registration fees to be transferred to another event.