February 12, 2020 - 9:30 am
Working With Families Masterclass
Join families Alcohol and Other Drug specialist, Paula Ross of 360 Edge, leading experts in alcohol and other drug policy and practice, in this practical masterclass for Alcohol and Other Drug professionals wanting to effectively work with families in Alcohol and Other Drug treatment.
We all agree that involving families in AOD treatment improves outcomes. But do you know how to best work with families of people who use alcohol and other drugs?
This interactive workshop is full of demonstrations, clinical discussion and practical skills so you walk away with new and effective ways of working with families of people who use alcohol and other drugs.
This masterclass is for anyone who wants to develop their skills in AOD family practice. You’ll learn how to conceptualise and work with complex family dynamics and take a systems approach to family work.
• Understand how different families function and how that affects treatment
• Discover how to establish a collaboration and utilise it to improve outcomes for people in treatment and their families
• Learn how to harness families’ existing wisdom to get better outcomes for everyone
• Walk away with a 5 step model for working with families to focus your family work
• Work out what to do with the ‘tricky bits’ of working with families
Date: 12th February 2020
Time: 9:30am – 5pm
Free to attend & morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea provided
Venue: Far West Aboriginal Sporting Complex
Book here: https://www.trybooking.com/BHMWT
Places are limited so don’t delay!