SANDAS SYMPOSIUM 2019
The 2019 SANDAS SYMPOSIUM was held on the 24th Sept 2019 and is our premier professional development and networking event for the South Australian Alcohol and Other Drug Sector.
Speaker presentations can now be downloaded below:
Dr Kate Seear
Drug Use & Human Rights
Program Manager, NADA
Annie Madden AO
Dr Monica Barratt
Dr Stephen Bright
AOD Media Watch
Stigma and the Media
SANDAS has contracted Yarrow Place to provide two sessions of their training, Recognising and Responding to Sexual Assault.
The training includes the following topics:
– About Yarrow Place
– Prevalence of Rape and Sexual Assault
– Key values and approaches
– Public myths and attitudes
– Perpetrator research
– Understanding the impact of sexual violence
– Sexual assault in the context of domestic and family violence
– Vulnerable groups and communities
– The law and the criminal justice system
– Responding to disclosures
– Intro to working therapeutically with rape and sexual assault
– Practical case scenario specific to drug and alcohol counselling
The two sessions will be delivered online on the following dates:
Tuesday 28th July 9:30am – 1pm
Wednesday 26th August 1pm – 4:30pm
Cost: $50 for members of SANDAS, $60 for non-members
Registration link: https://www.trybooking.com/BKIVA
There is a limit of only 10 participants per session so be quick in securing a place for your workers. If you miss out on a place this time around, please add your name to the waiting list as we may run this training again if there is enough interest beyond capacity.
For enquiries contact Sam Raven email@example.com
SANDAS currently provides the following networking opportunities. To enquire about joining any of these networks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Morbidity Network Group
The Co-Morbidity Network Group focuses on connecting Alcohol and Other Drug Programs with the Mental Health sector with the aim of improving outcomes for clients with comorbidities and to share knowledge amongst organisations in these fields. Guest speakers are invited from AOD, Mental Health and other relevant service organisations, and information is shared between workers at the six-weekly meetings.
Membership from workers in the alcohol and other drug or mental health sector is welcome, provided their current role is relevant to the network’s focus. Contact SANDAS for more information.
Refund of registration fees
- If a SANDAS event is cancelled, a full refund of any registration fees paid will be made within 30 days of the cancellation.
- If a registered participant cannot attend an event for any reason, SANDAS should be advised by email at email@example.com or by phone on (08) 8231 8818 as soon as possible. A full refund of registration fees will be made if this advice is received at least ten working days prior to the commencement of the event.
- No refund is payable if cancellation advice is received less than ten working days prior to the commencement of the event. Whilst we understand that personal circumstances or work commitments can change unavoidably at short notice, SANDAS cannot accept responsibility for such changes.
- No refund is payable if a participant is late for or fails to attend an event.
- Where a person or organisation has registered to attend an event but has not paid fees in advance, they will be liable to pay those fees if they fail to attend without ten working days’ notice.
Substitutions and Transfers
- Where a registered participant cannot attend, they may send a substitute. Requests for substitutions can be made by calling SANDAS on 08 82318818 and can be made at any time up to the event commencement date.
- SANDAS does not offer a facility for registration fees to be transferred to another event.
|<< August 2020 >>|