SANDAS SYMPOSIUM 2019
The 2019 SANDAS SYMPOSIUM was held on the 24th Sept 2019 and is our premier professional development and networking event for the South Australian Alcohol and Other Drug Sector.
Speaker presentations can now be downloaded below:
Dr Kate Seear
Drug Use & Human Rights
Program Manager, NADA
Annie Madden AO
Dr Monica Barratt
Dr Stephen Bright
AOD Media Watch
Stigma and the Media
This year’s SANDAS AOD Treatment Services Forum was held online, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
If you’d like to watch the presentations again or share them with colleagues, you can do so using the links below:
Session 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv80lG9WmOI
The SA AOD Services Coordinated Care Summary form presented by Michael in Session 1 can be downloaded HERE.
If you have any questions or would like to follow up on any of the issues raised during the forum, please feel free to get in touch with Executive Officer Michael White at firstname.lastname@example.org
SANDAS is excited to be able to facilitate the provision of this training to the South Australian Alcohol and Other Drug Sector at a subsidised cost!
360Edge will facilitate an evidence based knowledge and skills workshop, to be conducted as two half day online interactive workshops by a 360Edge senior trainer with expertise in supervision skills. It will build core foundation skills in reflective supervision practice, provide a framework to support clinical and ethical decision making and enhance understanding and responding to staff exposed to complex client presentations.
Key learning outcomes:
- To identify and imrpove core supervisory relationship skills, including listening, questioning, guiding, and giving and receiving feedback
- To introduce the reflective practice model of supervision
- To introduce and practice self-reflection and self-practice as a way of improving supervisory skills
- To improve supervisor’s skills in motivating staff to use reflective practice
- To introduce a framework to support decision making with ethical dilemmas
- To improve knowledge and skill in responding to staff exposed to complex client presentations
Session 2: 27th October, 1pm – 4pm
Cost: SANDAS members – $200, non-members $250
For enquiries about this event, contact Sam Raven at SANDAS: email@example.com
SANDAS currently provides the following networking opportunities. To enquire about joining any of these networks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Morbidity Network Group
The Co-Morbidity Network Group focuses on connecting Alcohol and Other Drug Programs with the Mental Health sector with the aim of improving outcomes for clients with comorbidities and to share knowledge amongst organisations in these fields. Guest speakers are invited from AOD, Mental Health and other relevant service organisations, and information is shared between workers at the six-weekly meetings.
Membership from workers in the alcohol and other drug or mental health sector is welcome, provided their current role is relevant to the network’s focus. Contact SANDAS for more information.
Refund of registration fees
- If a SANDAS event is cancelled, a full refund of any registration fees paid will be made within 30 days of the cancellation.
- If a registered participant cannot attend an event for any reason, SANDAS should be advised by email at email@example.com or by phone on (08) 8231 8818 as soon as possible. A full refund of registration fees will be made if this advice is received at least ten working days prior to the commencement of the event.
- No refund is payable if cancellation advice is received less than ten working days prior to the commencement of the event. Whilst we understand that personal circumstances or work commitments can change unavoidably at short notice, SANDAS cannot accept responsibility for such changes.
- No refund is payable if a participant is late for or fails to attend an event.
- Where a person or organisation has registered to attend an event but has not paid fees in advance, they will be liable to pay those fees if they fail to attend without ten working days’ notice.
Substitutions and Transfers
- Where a registered participant cannot attend, they may send a substitute. Requests for substitutions can be made by calling SANDAS on 08 82318818 and can be made at any time up to the event commencement date.
- SANDAS does not offer a facility for registration fees to be transferred to another event.
|<< October 2020 >>|