October 22, 2021 - 9:30 am
From: Family Drug Support
‘FREE’ Professional Development Workshop. Engaging with friends and family members of a person who has alcohol and/or other drug issues
Family Drug Support (FDS) has developed a highly successful model for supporting families affected by someone’s substance use.
- Gain knowledge of successful ‘Models of Change’ for supporting families affected by someone’s drug issues.
- Identify the 5 stages that families experience and effective ways to respond.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with families in a professional situation.
- Develop clearer understanding and gain skills to assist families to build resilience and improve the outcome for both the person with the drug issue and the family.
- Recognise the benefit of psycho-social education for a family, in relation to the significant barriers they may face.