ACC – Social & Emotional Wellbeing Worker – Mount Gambier
As a Social and Emotional Wellbeing Worker, working within the Alcohol and other Drugs team, you will provide effective counselling, case management and group work to Aboriginal individuals and families.
Responsibilities and duties may include:
• Be responsible to provide culturally appropriate counselling / case management services to Aboriginal individuals and families;
• Ensure that clients receive quality care service;
• Develop and implement early intervention group work, incorporating cultural practices;
• Work from community development approaches;
• Deliver health promotion projects; and
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and community groups.
New ROADS is a dynamic and supportive team of professionals providing holistic and innovative alcohol and other drug (AOD) and comorbidity services. We provide 1:1 counselling, group work, case management, home detox and residential rehabilitation across our services. We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual who is keen to join the team and provide the highest standard of client support located out of our Mt Gambier Hub. This is a 0.8FTE (60.8 Hours Per Fortnight) Fixed Term Position until June 2024
The New ROADS Counsellor Case Manager role incorporates a diverse mix of responsibilities including:
- office and outreach based, therapeutic AOD services for our residential client group, outpatient counselling services
- supporting people who are accessing our AOD programs to make long term, healthy changes in their lives
- developing partnerships with the community to create better outcomes for clients and drive referrals into the service
- breaking down the stigma associated with AOD and mental health issues